With major financial centres only a short flight away, Jersey puts you at the hub of a world-wide travel network. Discover commuting that doesn't cost you hours with swift travel links to major European and UK cities.
With daily flights to international hub airports, and easy access to the UK and Europe’s transport networks, Jersey is your starting point for a world of connections.
Jersey Airport website: www.jerseyairport.com
Port of Jersey: www.portofjersey.je
Work permits and Visas
You do not need a permit to work in Jersey if you are:
- a British citizen or a British subject with the right of abode
- a national of a member state of the European Union (EU) / European Economic Area (EEA) (except if you are a Croatian national)
- a non-EEA family member of an EEA national may also work without a permit but must obtain an EEA family permit before entering Jersey
- a Swiss national
- a Commonwealth citizen admitted as a working holiday maker
- a Commonwealth citizen admitted on the grounds of UK ancestry
- a Commonwealth citizen with a certificate of entitlement to the right of abode
- a participant in the Youth Mobility Scheme
- a minister of religion
- a business visitor
- a non EU / EEA passport holder who has no restrictions attached to your stay
Some nationalities require visas as well as work permits. If your employer’s application for a work permit is successful, you may also need a visa. The UK Border Agency website will show if you need a visa.
Speak with a memebr of the Locate Jersey team on how to apply for a work permit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +44(0)1534 440604. Alternatively you can find more information here.